The CNC or “Computer numerical control” Is a process of manufacturing in which any movement in the tolls of the factory or types of machinery is conducted by computer software that has pre-programmed. In large companies, it isn’t easy to keep a tab on the working of the machines, and it is not an easy task to be done manually. Hence, there exists computer software that helps control types of machinery.
In a cnc machine company, CNC machines are used to control gadgets like grinders, mills, and routers. It can be used with any material such as wood, plastic, glass, etc. .
What are the types of CNC machines?
0In a CNC machine company, there are generally six types of CNC machines that are used, and those are as follows:-
- CNC mills- along with rotary cutters, these CNC mills are used to give the requested shape to the products. These CNC mills are preferred more as they can cut shapes more efficiently and as required.
- CNC lathes:- Any conical or spherical-shaped part is cut using lathes. With the help of its turning centers with the cutting tool, it can cut out complex structures. While rotating on a spindle, the cutting tool cuts out the unnecessary material.
- CNC routers:- these can only be handled by CNC techs, and these routers are generally used to produce large dimensional parts. It is mainly used to cut wood, plastic, and sheet metal.
- CNC plasma cutters:- powered by compressed air, electrical arcs, and Gas, the plasma torch cuts material. Mostly they are used to cut metal.
- CNC grinders- a roatdy wheel is present in this device that breaks down the material into the desired shapes.
- CNC electric discharge machines:- these devices are employed to produce products that require a specific shape within a material. Releasing electrical releases between two anodes repeatedly helps in achieving this process. Further, this method is divided into two types, and those are Wire EDM and Sinker EDM.
Where are CNC machinings applied?
CNC machining is such that it can be used with any material. This method is also referred to as the fabrication method as it can produce all the basic geometric shapes with high accuracy. It gained popularity due to its fabrication method in electrical and electronics, food and beverage, automotive, aerospace, defense, mining, industrial machinery, clothing, telecommunications, technology, and security. Hence, that makes it a very vital part of the production of even the tiniest object.